Progressive Web Apps
What Are Progressive Web Apps (PWA)?
Benefits of PWA’s
- Cost – Nearly 10 times less than a native mobile app.
- Reliable – Load instantly and never show the dinosaur, even in uncertain network conditions.
- Fast – Respond quickly to user interactions with silky smooth animations and no janky scrolling.
- Engaging – Feels like a native app on the device, with immersive user experience.
- Connectivity independent – Enhanced with service workers to work offline or on low-quality networks.
- Re-engageable – Makes re-engagement easy through features like push notifications.
- Installable – Allow users to “keep” apps they find most useful on their home screen without the hassle of an app store.
Challenges of native mobile apps & websites
About 60% of the world’s population is still using 2G internet. Depending where you live, this stat can go as high as 80% in many regions in Africa.
Slow Website Load
53% of users abandon a website if it is too slow. Users wait an average of 3 Seconds before they close a website if it is too slow.
People don’t want to install too many native apps on their mobile phones. An average user installs 1 application in a month.
Users spend most of their time in native apps, but mobile web reach is almost three times that of native apps. Therefore, most of the users are not actively engaged. Users spend 80% of their time on only their top three native apps.
Share App Link to Social Media
A PWA is URL based, you can distribute it using different channels (Facebook post, Twitter post, LinkedIn shares, SMS, E-mail, NFC, Beacons, QR codes) which are available within the platforms.
PWA’s provide you with features to import prospects and send marketing content through SMS with app link. This feature is integrated into Twilio.
You can create different loyalty programmes for your business and manage them from your PWA module. Eg; You can create a loyalty programme that requires users to claim points when using your business for a voucher/gift.
App Analytics with Google Analytics
Advanced data analytics built into PWA platform for your business to track visitor behaviour.
You can display a list of all visitors to the website. You can also filter and view a list of registered customers based on certain creteria(s).
Geo Targeted Push Notifications
You can do Proximity marketing with Push notifications when users enter a specific geo location.
Augmented Reality (Web AR)
Upload any pictures and tag content to it. When users scan the physical object they can get to see the tagged content in 3D view thus having an augmented reality experience.
You would be able to respond to hundreds of customers simultaneously. Serve any number of customers 24/7 with personalised AI engagement.
Take your business to the next level with powerful built-in E-commerce features. You can be integrated with BIG platforms such as Shopify, Woo Commerce and Magento for product and order management.
PWA Key Statistics
- +68% increase in mobile traffic
- 15x faster to load and install
- 25x less device storage required
- 52% average increase in conversions
- Sessions are on average increased by 78.25%.
- Engagement is often increased by 137%
- The average load time for a page is 2.75 seconds
- Compared to mobile website’s, bounce rate is reduced by a phenomenal 42.86%
- On average, page views increased by a staggering 133.67%
Already Know the Details of Your Project?
Get in touch with us.